Know and Tell Friday!


Here is a great new meme which began last Friday by a Woman of God under the blog title http://www.toknowhimjesus.blogspot.com/ (To Know Him), this is a great way for us to get to know each other. I am excited about it.

Here are my answers to today's questions.



1.What scares you? Scary movies and scary dreams. I don't watch scary movies anymore, thank God. There was a pattern in my life many years ago and it took me a while to see that every time I watched something scary I would have a scary dream. It was always the same dream. I would be running for my life and then the thing that was chasing after me would catch me and when I tried to scream for help nothing would come out. I would wake up right away feeling awful and afraid because I was so terrified that I lost my voice and I couldn't scream for help. After much prayer and seeking God about it He revealed to me that I was giving the enemy (evil spirits) an entrance into my spirit. I am very sensitive when it comes to things like that. Ever since that time -- which is about 4 or 5 years ago I stopped watching any kind of scary shows or movies.

2. Coke or Pepsi (Diet counts)?I do not like Coke or Pepsi. I like Sprite.

3. I would love to try... being away for 40 days and 40 nights by myself in the mountains somewhere peaceful and quiet. Just me and my Savior, no television, no phone, no interruptions.

Bonus Question:

4. Spiritually speaking, do you have a Quiet Time? If so, where, when, and how long have you had one? If not, what is stopping you from having a Quiet time? (Quiet time is defined as time alone with God. It can consist of praying, reading God's word, and worship among many other things).

Ummm... I must say that I agree with you on this one. Definitely not as consistent as I should be with it. I am not very happy with myself about it. But at the same time I don't beat myself up about it either. Because that won't change anything. I know what I must do and that is I must go into serious praying and fasting and reading the Word for about 28 days straight -- that I may develop this habit of spending consistent quality, personal, and loving time with my best Friend. I truly miss it! One major distraction for me is my environment. Our home was under construction and was just finished today. However there are still many things out of order in my environment which makes it very difficult to find a comfortable peaceful place to spend time with my Father. But everything is coming together and so I believe within a month or less I should be on track with daily quiet time with God. Amen! Amen!

Comments

Toknowhim said…
What a woman of God you are... Your answers were wonderful!!!! I had the same kind of problem (and still do) with watching scary things and then dreaming about them. I myself have not watched scary movies in a long time. I just can't do it... After I rededicated myself to the Lord, the scary movies took on more of an evil feel... Plus, your answer about number 3 was great about getting alone with your Savior. I would love to do that, except I am afraid to be all by myself :)

I will try to remind people to come back on Fridays for a couple of weeks, until they get used to participating in the meme. Please always come back if you can.

Popular posts from this blog

Characteristics of the Jezebel Spirit!

The Truth About Oprah's Beliefs!!!

Internet Cafe