Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
I KNOW WHO I AM
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15 )
I am united with the Lord (1 Cor. 6:17)
I am bought with a price (1 Cor 6:19-20)
I am a saint (set apart for God). (Eph. 1:1)
I am a personal witness of Christ. (Acts 1:8)
I am the salt & light of the earth (Matt 5:13-14)
I am a member of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27)
I am free forever from condemnation ( Rom. 8: 1-2)
I am a citizen of Heaven. I am significant (Phil 3:20)
I am free from any charge against me (Rom. 8:31 -34)
I am a minister of reconciliation for God (2 Cor 5:17-21)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph. 2:18)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph. 2:6)
I cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom 8:35-39)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor 1:21-22 )
I am assured all things work together for good (Rom. 8:28 )
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16 )
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph. 3: 12 )
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15: 1-5)
I am God's temple (1 Cor. 3: 16). I am complete in Christ (Col. 2: 10)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3).. I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am God's co-worker (1 Cor. 3:9; 2 Cor 6:1). I am God's workmanship (Eph. 2:10)
I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected. (Phil. 1: 5)
I have been redeemed and forgiven (Col 1:14). I have been adopted as God's child (Eph 1:5)
I belong to God
Do you know
Who you are?
Keep this bell ringing...pass it on
'The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you;
The LORD turn His face toward you
And give you peace...
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
So many today have been successful at raising brats. Here's some of the finest advice you'll ever receive on how to raise a brat:
1. WHEN A BABY, DON'T LET HIM CRY IN BED Do not allow YOUR baby to suffer any hardships, especially in infancy. Run to his aid as soon as he cries. He'll soon know how to control you, rather than you controlling him. This way, they'll expect to be pampered all of their lives.
2. LET HIM SAY "NO" It's so cute. Let that be his favorite word. Sure, it's rebellion verbalized, but he should be allowed to have a mind of his own.
3. DO NOT GIVE ANY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES Do it all for them. Then they'll think this world owes them a living. They'll quickly join the crowd of grown up babies shouting, "I've got my rights," rather than those who are men and women enough to fulfill their responsibilities.
4. NEVER SPANK THEM When the senior citizens today speak of spanking as being "the way we used to do it," remember, grandma and grandpa were "child abusers." Don't ever discipline your child. Wait till they're in trouble, and let the penal system (prisons and jails) discipline them. Listen to Dr. Spock (who never raised a child in his life) and the other child psychologists, not the old timers who raised 5 or 10 children successfully!
Throw out the Bible and its admonitions like: "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes (early in life)" Proverbs 13:24. "The rod AND reproof (teaching that exposes wrong) give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame," Proverbs 29:15. You can only develop a true brat if you won't properly discipline them.
5. DEFEND THEM IN SCHOOL Always take the child's side. Teachers and principals have got it "in" for the little angel. Understand that your child can do no wrong. Expect teachers and principals to know that too!
6. CRITICIZE LEADERS AND PREACHERS You can't trust them. Tear down authority in front of them. Make sure they hear you. They'll live in insecurity not knowing who to trust. They will be totally prepared for a life of rebellion. They will not learn to properly fear anyone and will probably lose their jobs when the boss asks them to do something. Don't tell them that 99% of those in leadership positions are good people who are sincere and have never been indicted for anything. Leave them with the impression that they are all bad.
7. DON'T EVER SAY "I LOVE YOU" They can figure that out! After all, you've given them everything they've ever wanted. What more can a parent do (of course, don't give them yourself!)
8. GIVE THEM EVERYTHING THEY WANT Buy something for them every time you go into a store. Never say "no" to them. When properly trained this way, they will be used to having every appetite of theirs fulfilled immediately. When they grow older and develop natural sexual appetites, they will have been trained by you to seek immediate fulfillment. Teen pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases shouldn't really surprise the parent then. Sooo... give them everything they ask for while they are kids.
9. NEVER TEACH THEM THE BIBLE Teach them math, science, history, art, music, reading, physical education, sex education, etc. but don't teach them the Bible. Let them decide for themselves. Make them go to school 5 days a week for all day, but don't take them to church for 1 hour on Sunday.
10. ALWAYS TRUST YOUR CHILD He's a little angel. He wouldn't dare do anything behind your back. Did you ever ask a young person whom you catch smoking, "Do you smoke at home?" Usually the answer is, "You've got to be kidding my parents would kill me." Remember, that's the other kids in town, yours would never do that.
11. SCREAM AT YOUR CHILDREN This is the only type of communication necessary to raise a brat. Time spent answering their questions and instructing them is wasted time. The only training really required of parents is potty-training. After that, it is the obligation of day cares preschools and schools. Scream constantly, and the fond memories your children have of home life will assure you as a parent that your kids will never take care of you when you're old.
12. LET YOUR CHILD COME AND GO AS THEY WILL Don't set any boundaries. This will lead to a life of insecurity. Brats don't need guidelines.
13. MAKE SURE THEY ARE POPULAR They must be in with the crowd, their peers! Don't let them be an oddball. If they follow the crowd, the crowd will become the greatest influence in their lives. Nothing to fear there, right?
14. LET THEM WATCH TV CONSTANTLY Keep them away from reality. Let them live in fantasy all of their lives. Brats need entertainment! A life of comfort and ease produces high-class brats. They won't know how to deal with reality or real people, but maybe they'll just go into seclusion rather than becoming contentious or hostile. It's usually one or the other.
CONCLUSION Brats are produced, not born. It takes effort to obey the above principles. Parents should prepare themselves for a life of heartbreak for it is sure to come.
How To Raise A Brat!
By Pastor Art Kohl
Art Kohl is pastor of Faith Bible Baptist Church of Eden, NY USA
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Will you be ready??? If so, how do you know??? What is your greatest concern? Is the Master's Commision your greatest concern or are you concerned with the affairs of this world? Are you willing to be persecuted for righteousness sake or will you fall under the pressure of your peers/circumstances/situation? We must walk by faith and not sight... Without faith it is impossible to please HIM!!! Do you believe the Word of God? Do you love what He loves and hates what he hates? Is the Word hidden in your heart so you might not sin against Him? Is the Word of God your final authority, or is it something that is set apart for people, times or seasons? Do you believe the Word of God is applicable for today? Do you believe that you are accountable for all that you know? Do you believe that you are the salt and light to all you come in contact with on a daily basis or do you think that it's only for certain times, people, or even seasons? What do you believe? How can you be sure? Do you love God more and more everyday of your life or is He just someone you talk to when you are in trouble and you need help? Are you passionate about Him and His Word? Are you sold out to Him? Are you living daily to please Him above everyone and everything even your own wants, goals, and feelings? Who do you serve God, self, or this world?
If you are loving Him and living to serve the King then you will most assuredly be in the firey trials and tribulations of this life. You most certainly will be rejected by this world and you will most certainly always feel alone. However, if you are not sold out to HIM---The KING of kings; then you are just blending in -- you are lukewarm and you are not really in the storms of life and you are blending in the crowd. Your light is not shining through the darkness to expose the enemy and you are not being salt to cause change in your surroundings... Think about it!
What are you willing to do to Stand Out from among them and be separated and holy -- let the World know you have been changed -- be not conformed to this world be transformed by the renewing of your mind through the truth of the Living Word of God and the Lord Jesus Christ (whom the Son sets free is free indeed)...
I will leave you with the Words from Tye Tribbett song:
[speaking: Tye Tribbett]
When the enemy comes in like a flood,
The spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard against him.
I see the enemy coming in like a flood in our houses, in our churches, in our families.
But what I don't see is the standard. People of God where's the standard at?
We in a war y'all. It's time to stand OUT!
It's about to go down. The battle has begun.
It's time for you to choose, whose side you gonna be on.
The devil is recruiting, temptin' every man.
But he's already defeated, all we have to do is stand.
No time for mixing light with the darkness.
Be black or be white, no more shades of gray.
Be separated, be holy, no matter what you do, don't bow.
And even if you stand alone, stand anyhow.
[Tye:] Rise up!
Rise up people, put on your strength.
There's a war going on and we will win.
Stand up and fight, let the kingdom prevail.
With power and might, we will not fail.
[G.A.:] Stand out!
Be not conformed to this world.
[G.A.:] Stand out!
Be transformed, renew your mind.
[G.A.:] Stand out!
Just like the three Hebrew boys,
[G.A.:] Stand out!
Everybody's playin' it cool, don't wanna rub nobody the wrong way.
Almost like we're trynna to fit in. Actin' like we don't know the NAME.
It's time for us to stand out and go against the grain.
Forget trynna be down, let the world know you've been changed.
How you going be the praise leader? But you listen to R & B?
And hip-hop is on your ring tone. I'm trynna tell you God ain't pleased.
And since when did it become cool for you to live together unmarried?
Men with men?
Women with women?
I'm tellin you God ain't going to have it.
It's time to recognize.
The war is in disguise.
No time for compromise.
Wake up open your eyes.
[together:] The devil is a liar!
You must be hot or cold.
You can't blend in the crowd.
It's time for God's people to-
Let me hear your war cry!
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!
Let me hear your war cry!
Ooh! (Let's Stand Out!) Ooh! (Let's Stand Out!) Ooh!
Little bit louder.
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!
One more time!
Ooh! (Cry out loud!) Ooh! (Stand out!) Ooh!
[Speaking: Tye Tribbett]
We in a war people of God.
You don't have to fight, all you gotta do is stand.
Make some noise G.A.!
Having done all to stand...
Now stand people of God!
If you gonna stand out with us... SCREAM!
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Over the past several days I have been thinking, meditating, praying and reading. I thank God for the following blogs that I read and have helped to bring my thoughts into words and bring clarity to things. I thank God for the people of God who truly love Him and are dedicated to Him and His Word. We are not ashamed of the gospel or HIS name. We will continue to be steadfast, immovable, and always abounding in the work of the LORD knowing that our labor is not in vain. He is coming soon and we must be prepared. We must continue to fight the good fight of faith, and continue to press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. We can trust God because He will never leave us nor forsake us. He is a good God and His mercy endures forever. Great is thy faithfulness oh Lord our God!!!
Links to post:
The Preacher's Wife
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
A diamond before it can be used looks like a rock with rough and unsmooth edges. It is dull, discolored, and to the natural eye it may look like a piece of stone that should be disregarded or thrown away. That was me many years ago.
I was covered with fear and intimidation. I was not very attractive to just anyone. Not many people wanted to be near me. I was alone – or so I thought. But I had lots of potential locked up inside of me – I just couldn't see it yet. You see I was like a seed with a hard covering but on the inside I was a beautiful plant waiting to break forth. Someone put it like this –"you need to be unlocked and released. However, I stood on the outside of me and I couldn't see me – the person that God intended for me to be. However, it was all there all along. It is true and I have come to know it more and more each day in a very personal way and that is God has given us everything pertaining to life and godliness.
You see the enemy was trying to snatch that away from me at a very early age. He tried to feed me lies over and over early in my life – using the ones that I held very dear to my heart. He would tell me that I was nothing, good for nothing, and will never be anything. He told me I was fat, ugly, and look like I had nobody. He told me I was stupid, dumb, and a fool. But all I can say to that is well, look at me now! Look at what God has done!!!
All I needed was for God to step in on the scene. Yes, He did! He did it for me but for His Glory! He stepped in and then He began to tell me: before the foundations of the world I knew you, I formed thee in thy mother's womb. He told me He made me in His image and likeness and I'm the only one like me. He told me that He had a plan and purpose for my life; He said my daughter "You'll live, you shall not die. He told me you are beautiful; yes, you are because you are fearfully and wonderfully made. He called daughter because He is my Father. He told me you have no need to fear for I am with you always even to the end of this age. He told me don't worry about where you should go just trust me with all your heart and I'll direct your paths. He told me don't worry about pleasing men only please Him that's all that will matter in the end. He told me don't believe all those lies from the enemy in my past because behold He has done a new thing right now – see it's coming to pass. He told me my battle is not with that which can be seen—I must use by faith to tackle that which cannot be seen. He told me His love is real, without conditions, or limitations because see He sent His Holy One to take the punishment of the sinful ones. He told me don't fear the fire because I'm coming out as pure gold. It is true what they said "whatever you hear constantly, you'll eventually believe and act upon. So I want to submit this to you today. Why not start hearing/reading the Word of God over and over again. After all it is His instruction book to us on how we should live this life that He has made us to live.
I am created to give God the glory so I will always tell this story. You see no man is an island we need others to accomplish His plan and purpose. The Word tells us to give honor where honor is due and so I'm gonna give a shout-out to my Pastor, my best friend, my honey, my baby, and my boo. You see if it had not been for him coming into my life at the appointed time I wouldn't be the woman you see now. He taught me how to think for myself. He encouraged me when I didn't even know how to encourage myself. He prayed for me always and continually. He taught me God's unconditional love through his actions. He is more than just my husband, next to God; he is all the man I have ever needed. God has used him so significantly in my life and I'm so grateful that I'm his wife, his baby, his lover, his best friend, and his boo. I thank God for him each and every day because through wisdom he was the iron that sharpened me. He was the voice of truth that destroyed every lie from the enemy. He knew what to do and when to do it in order for that which was inside of me to be released for God's glory.
I am unlocked and continually being released and God is constantly perfecting me.
May God's will be done in all things! Amen!!!
Saturday, November 01, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
I don't know about others but I know that I am always growing with God's help day by day in LOVE and learning how to LOVE not as the world define it but as God defined LOVE because HE is LOVE. For some reason all this week my mind has been meditating on LOVE, God's Way. I have been thinking and hearing about God's LOVE towards us and the truth is we cannot begin to fathom or even understand His undying, unrelenting, unending, never changing, ever abounding, everlasting LOVE for us and towards us. I am grateful for God's LOVE to me and I am even in the midst of receiving and understanding as much as I am able to with the help of the Holy Spirit that perfect LOVE of God to me and for me. Thank You, Lord, for LOVING me.
Here is a devotion I want to share that I read today:
Source: Grace For The Moment
Title: Love Is All You'll Find
We know the LOVE that God has for us, and we trust that LOVE. 1John 4:16
Water must be wet. A fire must be hot. You can't take the water out of water and still have water. You can't take the heat out of fire and still have fire.
In the same way, you can't take the LOVE out of [God]... and still have him exist. For He was... and is... LOVE. Probe deep within Him. Explore every corner. Search every angle. LOVE is all you find. Go to the beginning of every decision He has made and you'll find it. Go to the end of every story He has told and you'll see it.
No bitterness. No evil. No cruelty. Just LOVE. Flawless LOVE. Passionate LOVE. Vast and pure LOVE. HE is LOVE.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Stephen Kendrick and Michael Catt, the guys behind the hit film Facing the Giants, introduce the new movie, Fireproof starring Kirk Cameron with The 700 Club. The Christian Broadcasting Network. To see more from The 700 Club, go to CBN.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Sarah Loves Jesus!!!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Wow!!! Those of you who are Oprah fans -- you have got to watch this. This is something everyone should see and the very truth in it because so many Christians who watch her religiously are being deceived and don't even realize it. Those of you who are not Oprah fans be informed so that you can know how to speak to those who are and pray for them efffectively. The devil is a liar and always been!!!
We also need to keep praying for Oprah -- that God will save her and she will have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ for real...
Oprah's new online class covering Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth is exposed. They conducted the first mass trance. Over 2 Million participated in this new age class, a new book Don't Drink the Kool-Aid uncovers shocking truths that must be shared.
Friday, October 10, 2008
GOD is such an Awesome, Intelligent, Magnificent, Wonder!!!!!
Friday, October 03, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Fireproof is a movie for everyone to see. To learn more about this movie visit the website at Fireproof The Movie.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Monday, September 08, 2008
Monday, September 01, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
The following prayer was taken from a devotional that I received today and I wanted to share it with everyone, be blessed and encouraged today. Amen!!!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Today marks the 7th year of our Wedding Anniversary day back in 2001. I remember that day very well. It is one that I will not forget. It was a beautiful day filled with love as we promised our love to each other until death do us part. And here we are seven years later still saying "I Do." But with more meaning and intensity. We have been through alot together. We have always been there for each other through the good times and the rough times. We are totally committed to each other. None of this would be possible if we didn't have a strong relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus. He is the one that keeps us growing together and blending as one. We have each sacrificed for each other and put each other above our own individual needs and wants. We have grown more and more to love and appreciate each other. Marriage is work but it is also pleasure. I thank God for my husband and the very fact that He loves God and desires to live his life filled with God's purpose on purpose makes it even more special. God has truly blessed us and we owe Him our ALL and that is what we vow to give Him and each other. I love you, Honey!