1) “God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world”
2)"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
3) "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
4) "If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
5) " If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair."
6) "If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this."
7) “There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way”
8) “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.”
9)~ You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. ~
10) “Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained”
11) “Though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.”
12)~ Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." ~
13)~ You cannot go on 'explaining away' for ever: you will find that you have explained explanation itself away. You cannot go on 'seeing through' things for ever. The whole point of seeing through something is to see something through it. ~
14)~ When we lose one blessing, another is often, most unexpectedly, given in its place. ~
15)~ God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain ~
16) ~ Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward. ~
17) ~ Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods
18) ~ I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more. ~
19) "Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it."
20) " Are not all lifelong friendships born at the moment when at last you meet another human being who has some inkling of that something which you were born desiring, and which, beneath the flux of other desires and in all the momentary silences between the louder passions, night and day, year by year, from childhood to old age, you are looking for, watching for, listening for?"