Our Identity and Position In Christ.

The Christian's Scriptural Identity and Position

The following statements summarize your scriptural identity and position in Christ and form the foundation for your freedom in Christ. Read these statements aloud often. If you are presently involved in a spiritual conflict read these statements aloud at least once each day for a month.


 

Who Am I?

Exodus

I am Not the Great "I AM" (3:14; John 8:24, 28, 58), but by the grace of God, I am what I am (1Corinthians 15:10).


 

Matthew

I am the salt of the earth (5:13).

I am the light of the world (5:14).


 

John

I am a child of God (1:12).

I am part of the true vine, a channel of Christ's life (15:1, 5).

I am Christ's friend (15:15).

I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit (15:16).


 

Romans

I am a slave of righteousness (6:18).

I am enslaved to God (6:22).

I am a son of God; God is spiritually my Father (8:14, 15; Galatians 3:26; 4:6).

I am an heir of God and joint heir with Christ, sharing in His suffering and His inheritance with Him (8:17).


 

1Corinthians

I am a temple – a dwelling place – of God. His Spirit and His life dwell in me (3:16; 6:19).

I am united to the Lord and am one spirit with Him (6:17).

I am a member of Christ's body (12:27; Ephesians 5:30).


 

2Corinthians

I am a new creation (5:17).

I am reconciled to God and am a minister of reconciliation (5:18, 19).


 

Galatians

I am a son of God and one in Christ (3:26, 28).

I am an heir of God since I am a son of God (4:6, 7).


 

Ephesians

I am a saint (1:1; 1Corinthians 1:2; Philippians 1:1; Colossians 1:2).

I am God's workmanship – His handiwork – born anew in Christ to do His good work (2:10).

I am a fellow citizen with the rest of God's family (2:19).

I am a prisoner of Christ (3:1; 4:1).

I am a new man created according to God in true righteousness and holiness (4:24).


 

Philippians

I am a citizen of heaven, seated in the heavenly in Christ Jesus (3:20; Ephesians 2:6).


 

Colossians

I am hidden with Christ in God (3:3).

I am an expression of the life of Christ because He is my life (3:4).

I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved (3:12; 1Thessalonians 1:4).


 

1Thessalonians

I am a son of light and of the day and not of the night nor of darkness (5:5).


 

Hebrews

I am a holy partaker of the heavenly calling (3:1).

I am a partaker of Christ; I share in His life (3:14).


 

1Peter

I am one of God's living stones, being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. (2:5).

I am a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that I may proclaim the praises of Him who called me out of darkness into His marvelous light, who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. (2:9, 10).

I am a sojourner and pilgrim to this world in which I temporarily live (2:11).

I am an enemy of the devil (5:8).


 

1John

I am a child of God and I will resemble Christ when He returns (3:1, 2).

I am born of God, and the wicked one – the devil – cannot touch me (5:18).


 

Compiled using Neil T. Anderson's book The Bondage Breaker, some of my personal wording, and The New King James Version of the Bible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Characteristics of the Jezebel Spirit!

The Truth About Oprah's Beliefs!!!

Internet Cafe