I would say that most people value friendship and even have one or two people in their lives who they would say is their true friend. So true this friend is that they may refer to him/her has their Best Friend, Sister/Brother, Cousin, etc...
I would say that most people have strong feelings when it comes to those who they would dare to call their true friend, best friend, etc...
I believe that these are some very true statements that most people would agree to when it comes to identifying what a true friend is:
- A true friend loves at all times.
- If you have friends you must show yourself friendly.
- Jesus is the true friend that sticks closer than a brother.
- Faithful are the wounds of a true friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. ( In other words your true friend will be honest and truthful to you and it (the truth) may hurt but they will still love you and care for you and be there for you. They are only looking out for your best interest. They don't mean you any harm. Once you get through that thing you will see it for yourself that they truly love you.) (Now the kisses of an enemy are deceitful because these are the people who you think love you and care about you and may even tell you that they are your friend but they really aren't. They will agree with you even when you are wrong, encourage you to do the wrong thing, give advice that they know will put you in a negative situation and smile at you the whole time and you won't even know it unitl it's too late and then you are left with a big mess on your hands. They will also talk about you behind your back what they could not say to your face, laugh at you behind your back, spread negative rumors about you and even put your business out there-- you know all the secrets that you told them when you thought they were your friend and had your best interest at heart. Also these are the same ones that are also waiting for you to fall flat on your face and then laugh at you and you did not even see it coming. That would be the kisses of an enemy...)
- True friends visit each other and secrets are disclosed which makes your friendship grow.
- True friends add to each other -- it is profitable. In other words I should become a better person because you are in my life and you should become a better person because I am in your life.
- True friendships must have a mutual confidence and understanding with each other.
- True friends always love and trust each other.
- True friends have open and frank (truthful, honest) discussions with each other. You don't have to always agree with each other but you must be willing to listen to each other and be open to what they are saying.
- True friendship cannot be one-sided; there must be a measure of equality between the two.
- True friends are truthful and honest with each other, in order to secure trust.
- True friends are willing to make personal sacrifices for each other.
- True friends love each other and accept each other the way they are but is also willing to offer help and receive help, in the areas of each other's life that they can help to be better.
- True friends support and encourage each other in their endeavors.
- True friends rejoice with each other over good news and cry with each other over sad news.
That's all I have to say for now on that topic. If you so happen to come across this blog and would like to add comments please feel free to do so. I would like to read what you have to say about this topic. Thank you in advance! :-)